go7007 driver for Plextor px-tv402u/px-m402u for Linux 2.6.31

The drivers posted below don’t work anymore for linux 2.6.31 as included in Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic).

Apparently there were some details changed in the v4l2 api, the i2c, and the tuner interface. All changes are for the better, making things easier for the driver, but they do have the effect that the old driver doesn’t compile anymore.

The go7007 driver as included as ‘staging’ driver includes all those changes, but is a little too thorough in removing some code related to tuners and their settings (breaking the tuner), and also stillĀ  removes the private ioctls that mythtv still needs.

So, for your convenience, here is a package based on the combination of the original sources, code from the staging driver in the most recent kernel tree, choosing those parts that are needed to make this hardware work with mythtv on a linux kernel version 2.6.31.

For Ubuntu Karmic, I needed to change the go7007_firmware_load script a bit, because usbdevfs isn’t in there anymore, and /dev/bus/usb can be used instead (the fxload in ubuntu karmic works fine with it).

Also new in this version: During the ‘make install’, the go7007 kernel modules are removed from /lib/modules/nnnn/kernel/drivers/staging/go7007, if they exist to prevent conflicting combination of those modules and the ones made in this package.

It works for me on the 2.6.31-9-generic kernel that is currently in Ubuntu Karmic.

[ EDIT 2009/11/06 : the wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5.tgz didn't have the update go7007_firmware_load script, new '5b' version with the updated script available below ]

Download the go7007 driver package for linux 2.6.31 here: wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5b.tgz

42 Responses to “go7007 driver for Plextor px-tv402u/px-m402u for Linux 2.6.31”

1. mbidewel says:

I am trying to investigate adding ADS Tech DVD Xpress DX2 support patch to the go7007 driver. However, It seems like there are several trees for this driver including one for inclusion in the Kernel tree. However, the tree driver seems vastly different from the driver posted here. For example this driver includes wis-tw9906.c whereas the tree driver does not. How synched are your changes with the kernel tree?

2. petrg says:

change go_update firmware

#!/bin/bash
    # bash script to load the firmware for go7007 based devices
    PATH=$PATH:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin
    #echo spustil jsem to
    if [ `whoami` != "root" ]; then
    echo “Please run this as root.”
    exit 1
    fi

# list of supported devices
    devices=”093b:a002|093b:a004|0eb1:6666|0eb1:6668″
    device=`lsusb | grep -iE $devices`
    if [ x"$device" == "x" ]; then
    echo ‘ERROR: Device not found on usb bus.’
    exit 1
    fi

fxload needs usbfs
    if [ ! -d "/dev/bus/usb" ] || [ ! "$(ls /dev/bus/usb)" ]; then
    echo “ERROR: Make sure usbfs|usbdevfs is mounted on /dev/bus/usb”
    exit 1
    fi

# get the bus number
    bus=`echo $device | cut -d ” ” -f 2`
    # get the device number
    device_num=`echo $device | cut -d ” ” -f 4 | sed ‘s/://’`
    # get the full device ID
    type=`echo $device | cut -d ” ” -f 6 | tr A-Z a-z`
    #echo ‘BUS’ $bus ‘DEVICE’ $device_num ‘TYPE’ $type
    # match the type with it’s firmware
    [ $type == "093b:a002" ] && hex=”/lib/firmware/ezusb/hpi_PX-M402U.hex”
    [ $type == "093b:a004" ] && hex=”/lib/firmware/ezusb/hpi_PX-TV402U.hex”
    [ $type == "0eb1:6666" ] && hex=”/lib/firmware/ezusb/hpi_LR192.hex”
    [ $type == "0eb1:6668" ] && hex=”/lib/firmware/ezusb/hpi_StarTrek.hex”

#echo “$bus”
    #echo “$device_num”
    #echo “/sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I $hex -D /dev/bus/usb/$bus/$device_num”
    if /sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I $hex -D /dev/bus/usb/”$bus”/”$device_num”; then
    echo ‘Firmware loaded successfully!’
    else
    echo ‘ERROR: Firmware not loaded :-(
    exit 1
    fi

3. Bernard says:

I tried installing your driver on my Karmic config (recently dist-upgraded from Jaunty). I could make and make install the driver for my Plextor PX-M402U. But apps/gorecord keeps saying :

Unable to read /sys/bus/usb/drivers/go7007: No such file or directory
    Is the go7007-usb kernel module loaded?

When I unplug and re-plug the USB cord, I can see the device being detected in /var/log/messages but nothing says it is recognized as a video + sound device there.

If I do a :

sudo /usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load

I get :

ERROR: Make sure usbfs|usbdevfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb

It seems to me that there is a problem in the step where the OS should recognize the new USB device and mount it as appropriate.

I also note that I have no /etc/init.d/mountdevsubfs.sh file (this might be related).

Do you have any hint to share ?

4. Bernard says:

I could manually load the firmware after I did a :

sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb

but I am not sure the device will be detected again next time I unplug/replug it.

Your advice is still welcome. :)

5. jelle says:

[EDIT: I just re-checked and the package posted didn't have the new version of the go7007_firmware_load script... The '5b' version should... sorry ]

That version of go7007_firmware_load is not one from the latest version of this package… There is one in the tgz that never prints that ‘ERROR’ message, if you put that in /usr/sbin, it should be able to load the firmware even without usbfs mounted.

For the device to be automatically detected, it will need the udev rules installed (which iirc should be installed if you do ‘make install’, but I’m not certain):

$ ls -l
    /etc/udev/rules.d/*wis*
    -rw-r–r– 1 root root 416 2009-09-20 17:28 /etc/udev/rules.d/92-wis-ezusb.rules

That file is nothing more than a text file that tells udev what program/script to run for which usb device id’s (see lsusb):

wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5$ cat udev/91-wis-ezusb.rules
    ACTION==”add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”093b”, ATTRS{idProduct}==”a002″, RUN+=”/usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load”
    ACTION==”add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”093b”, ATTRS{idProduct}==”a004″, RUN+=”/usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load”
    ACTION==”add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”0eb1″, ATTRS{idProduct}==”6666″, RUN+=”/usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load”
    ACTION==”add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”0eb1″, ATTRS{idProduct}==”6668″, RUN+=”/usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load”

6. jelle says:

When I made my versions that I posted here, I took the previously working version of the tgz, then copied the files from the at that moment most recent kernel tree over it (from git), and added back in the parts that were removed from the kernel tree that broke the driver (mainly the private go7007-specific ioctls that mythtv used to control this hardware, but also some other changes that were needed to make the driver work again).

Any files that are in this tar but not in the kernel tree are most likely unmodified from the 0.9.8-2 version at nikosapi.org, which is an updated version of the original driver released by micronas back in the day…

For the other differences, tkdiff and fldiff may help ;-)

Good luck!

7. kjpires says:

BTW, “lsusb” identifies my unit with a different ID:
    Bus 001 Device 003: ID 093b:a104 Plextor Corp. ConvertX PX-TV402U/NA

The driver for 093b:a004 seemed to work (for gorecord) for 093b:a104 and so I just modifed /usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load to know about this ID.

8. jelle says:

The a104 device ID shows up after the firmware is already loaded. How it works is that the device doesn’t have any functional firmware in it, just a generic usb gadget that can do nothing but receives firmware, and that has one of the device id’s in the script. After uploading the firmware, it boots with the new firmware and the new device id (a104 or a102) shows up.

9. Shockwave says:

Wall climbing time.
    Mythbuntu 9.10 with Myth 0.22 and I get this after “sudo make install” of driver wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5 and a reboot.

mythbox@mythbox:~$ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 003: ID 093b:a004 Plextor Corp. ConvertX TV402U XLOADER

No /dev/video device exists. “sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb” works and this is the result
    mythbox@mythbox:~$ lsusb
    Bus 002 Device 005: ID 093b:a104 Plextor Corp. ConvertX PX-TV402U/NA

I added “ACTION==”add”, ATTRS{idVendor}==”093b”, ATTRS{idProduct}==”a104″, RUN+=”/usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load”" to /etc/udev/rules.d/91-wis-ezusb.rules and I am now able to set up the device.

It does not appear to survive a reboot and I have to “sudo mount -t usbfs none /proc/bus/usb” to reacquire the device.

I’m also getting the “green screen” from the device as it connects and if I change channels it goes black, then kicks out with an “Unrecoverable recorder error”

Any ideas? Device works fine in Mythdora 4.

10. jelle says:

Make sure /usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load is the same as the one in the tgz (5b version), because I’m not sure if ‘make install’ puts it there. The fxload used to need /proc/bus/usb, but seems to work fine using /dev/bus/usb nowadays.

Loading firmware when it already has the a104 usb id is not needed, because it only gets that id after the firmware is loaded. Maybe trying to load the firmware when the firmware is already loaded causes the other problem you see.

11. Shockwave says:

I flattened my build and tried from scratch with your driver. I really didn’t do anything different than the last couple of tries but it seemed to work a bit better this time.

I was able to get picture by setting it to mpg2 (mpg4 gave me a green screen) but I was not able to change channels. Changing channels still either dumped me back to the desktop or gave me an “unrecoverable recorder” error

I could change the start channel in the setup dialogs and it would show the channel – but the bottom of the screen suffered some really bad compression and the lower 2% was completely artifacted. But again, change channel dumped the live feed.

I’ve been messing with this for 2 weekw and this is my third attempt to get my HTPC upgraded from myth 0.20. I’ve given up at this point and ordered a HD-5500 HDTV card.

12. jelle says:

I only use it for recordings myself, so I never ‘change channel’, because mythtv does that at the beginning of every recording. Does gorecord, used as in the examples I posted give you a correct video?

13. mac_l1 says:

i experienced the same thing as shockwave half a year ago: got an error when zapping in mythtv in combination with the PX TV402U from plextor. looked a bit into some logging and made a simple work-around. i am not used to proposing code patches, but see my patch-dump below in go7007-v4l2.c. it adds a few lines. maybe the patch can be added in the next release.

basically mythtv does two calls to the driver to resetting/change some formatting stuff (changing PAL to PAL, etc) and that the driver can’t handle this (not supported). actually it is not functional for mythtv to reset/change these settings as they are initially set and will never really change, so it is ok to ignore the unsupported calls and simply go ahead. this is what the patch does.

— go7007-v4l2.c 2009-11-14 09:37:34.766370474 +0100
    +++ ../../go7007-v4l2.c 2009-09-13 06:49:34.000000000 +0200
    @@ -1740,12 +1740,6 @@
    }
    #endif
    default:
    - if( (int)cmd == -1073457625 || (int)cmd == 1074288152 )
    - {
    - printk(KERN_DEBUG “go7007: MR caught unsupported ioctl %d\n”, cmd);
    - return 0;
    - }
    printk(KERN_DEBUG “go7007: unsupported ioctl %d\n”, cmd);
    return -ENOIOCTLCMD;
    }

14. Druxar says:

I just tried installing from 0.9.8-5b drivers with Ubuntu 9.10 and I get the same result mentioned by someone else:

apps/gorecord says
    Unable to read /sys/bus/usb/drivers/go7007: No such file or directory
    Is the go7007-usb kernel module loaded?

I thought from reading the responses here that this would have been prevented by installing from 5b so now I’m at a loss. I’m new to linux so when I get problems like this I don’t know what to do (and I seem to get these problems no matter what I try to install…is it always like this?)

15. duncan says:

Great! – still works without change with latest (vanilla) kernel 2.6.32.2!

compiled on a Buffalo Linkstation (Kurobox pro) which
    is a NAS device using ARM (orion) architecture, running
    debian armel, to which the plextor tv-pvb402u is attached.

(needed to add include/asm-arm/bitsperlong.h as a link
    to include/asm-generic/bitsperlong.h in the kernel source,
    this may be ARM-specific since 2.6.29, or perhaps ubuntu kernel sources
    have the equivalent fix for other architectures)

Thanks for keeping this working go7007 driver current!

16. jelle says:

Druxar, that message means that the go7007 driver is not loaded. Maybe it didn’t install, or it didn’t compile (for example, missing the linux-headers-generic package or something like that).

If it did compile and install, then perhaps it didn’t load for some reason, if that is the case, then the file /var/log/kern.log (or the output of ‘dmesg’) right after plugging in the usb device may give a hint about what is going on.

17. timothy1jones says:

Brethren, I just patched go7007 driver in 2.6.32 kernel (2.6.32-gentoo-r1) to support ADS Tech DVD Xpress DX2. I have about 100 computers with this card that are running 2-year old kernel and I am trying to bring them up to date.
    I will be doing some testing later today (after I hatch proprietary ioctls out of gorecord :) and if all goes well, I will submit it to be included into the driver.
    I have 2 questions for yall:
    jelle: Does mythtv stil use the GO7007 ioctls? If so, I was thinking of putting them back into the driver along side with standard v4l2 commands like you did in your patch
    mbidewel: Have you gotten anywhere with your venture? I’d be interested to see what others have done
    TJ

18. jelle says:

As far as I know, mythtv still does use the private ioctl’s for the go7007 driver (mythtv/libs/libmythtv/go7007_myth.h and NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp). Perhaps it’s best to give the mythtv guys a patch that converts their driver to the official ioctls. They are usually pretty quick to examine and accept a patch (I think), but of course there is installed base out there with mythtv version 0.22 and older that uses the private ioctls.

They are doing a feature freeze for the next release (0.23) on Feb 1, so if you’re (we’re?) quick, we can get it in 0.23. I don’t think it should be that hard, but it should probably be implemented such that it automatically chooses how to interface (use private ioctl’s if needed, and only then).

The mythtv devs want patches submitted at their trac http://svn.mythtv.org

Let me know if you want to talk more about it in the v4l mailing list (probably more appropriate than here, I just now see that there is a message on 10/20/09 that refers both to here and your particular hardware…).

19. timothy1jones says:

jelle, OK brother.

I’ve subscribed to linux-media@vger.kernel.org — I am guessen that’s the one you meant.

I heard a lot about mythtv, but haven’t used it at all. I will give it a shot and if there are not many things that need to be changed, I will try to squeeze it in as one of my “black box” projects :)

-TJ

20. Cermak says:

I just installed this on ubuntu 9.10 and it worked fine. All I had to do was manually copy the go7007_firmware_load from the wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5/udev directory to /usr/sbin. The one make install installs is the one in the wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5/ directory. These two files are not identical:

mythtv:/usr/src/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5# diff go7007_firmware_load udev/go7007_firmware_load
    18,22c18,22
    < ## fxload needs usbfs
    < #if [ ! -d "/dev/bus/usb" ] || [ ! "$(ls /proc/bus/usb)" ]; then
    < # echo "ERROR: Make sure usbfs|usbdevfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb"
    < # exit 1
    # fxload needs usbfs
    > if [ ! -d "/proc/bus/usb" ] || [ ! "$(ls /proc/bus/usb)" ]; then
    > echo “ERROR: Make sure usbfs|usbdevfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb”
    > exit 1
    > fi
    38c38
    if /sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I $hex -D /proc/bus/usb/”$bus”/”$device_num”; then
    root@mythtv:/usr/src/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5#

21. jelle says:

timothy1jones, wow I guess I must pay attention more… I thought I set wordpress to approve comments automatically after the first comment of a person is approved, but I didn’t see your reply until just now, and it wasn’t approved, And on top of that, yes the v4l mailing list is the one you mention, and I must have gotten kicked off of it about a month after they moved to that, early last year… time to browse some archives ;-) .

22. gdesilva says:

Hi, I just installed go7007 (Ubuntu 9.10) and I can capture video using the gorecord command without errors.

However, when I try to access it via kdenlive I get ‘not connected’ message.

Also, I noticed that in my dmesg I get the following error

[ 17.653449] go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
    [ 17.653459] go7007 1-1.1:1.0: firmware: requesting go7007fw.bin
    [ 17.995726] go7007: registering new Plextor PX-M402U
    [ 21.101376] go7007: probing for module wis-saa7115 failed
    [ 21.101871] go7007: registered device video1 [v4l2]
    [ 21.101922] usbcore: registered new interface driver go7007
    [ 209.271448] go7007: unsupported ioctl -1069263324
    [ 209.271454] go7007: unsupported ioctl -1069263324
    [ 209.271458] go7007: unsupported ioctl -1069263324
    [ 209.271462] go7007: unsupported ioctl -1069263324

I would appreciate if anyone can give me some pointers to fix the above two issues.

Many thanks.

23. jelle says:

gdesilva, the go7007 device can not do uncompressed video, and this version of the driver does not do compressed video using the official v4l2 interface for it. That means that, with this driver, software needs to specifically know about this device and have a special piece of code to handle compressed video from it. That is precisely the main reason why this driver is not already in the official kernel distribution.

I’m not even sure if kdenlive has support for anything but uncompressed data from v4l2 devices, and I would be very surprised if it had special support for this device.

So, this particular version of the driver needs software that specifically knows how to handle this device. gorecord can, mythtv can, maybe other software can, but it won’t be very many programs.

What this driver really needs is to have the standard compressed video controls added, then probably quite a lot of software will be able to use it. What I did here on this blog is just post what I did with the driver to make the device work for me with newer linux kernels, and I only use it with mythtv.

I also get the “unsupported ioctl” messages in the kernel log. IIRC, They always have been there, even on the older kernels with the wischip manufacturer supplied drivers. The device works anyway, so I consider them harmless, but I don’t know which exact ioctl triggers that…

24. gdesilva says:

jelle, thanks a lot for explaining the issues surrounding go7007. Yes, I can easily use gorecord to capture the video and then use kdenlive or similar to edit it.

Thanks once again.

25. duncan says:

still works with 2.6.33.

(compilation of gorecord failed because include/asm/bitsperlong.h was not found in the linux-2.6.33 source. I needed to add a link in the linux source making include/asm point to arch/arm/include/asm)

(I am using “arm” architecture, you may need to add such a link to whatever
    architecture you are compiling for)

cd linux-2.6.33/include
    ln -s ../arch//include/asm asm

26. duncan says:

that should be
    ln -s ../arch/(your architecture)/include/asm

(your architecture) = x86 etc.

27. gdesilva says:

Hi Jelle,

Just wondering whether you can shed some light on the following error.

[ 17.653449] go7007-usb: probing new GO7007 USB board
    [ 17.653459] go7007 1-1.1:1.0: firmware: requesting go7007fw.bin
    [ 17.995726] go7007: registering new Plextor PX-M402U
    [ 21.101376] go7007: probing for module wis-saa7115 failed
    [ 21.101871] go7007: registered device video1 [v4l2]
    [ 21.101922] usbcore: registered new interface driver go7007

This is the error in relation to saa7115 module.

I do not seem to have any problem using gorecord despite this error although I have not yet tested a long capture. However, I read somewhere that it is important that there be no error messages with the firmware load. What is the purpose of saa7115??

Thanks

28. jelle says:

Took a quick look, the message comes out of init_i2c_module() in go7007-driver.c

I never looked in detail into how i2c works in the kernel, but I think that message means that the wis_saa7115 module had already been loaded.

I have that message in my /var/log/dmesg too, once for each device I have attached, minus one.

29. gdesilva says:

Here is another spanner in the works….

With the upgrade of Ubuntu kernel to 2.6.31-20 I no longer have /proc/bus/usb. Apparently, from now on Ubuntu will not provide /proc/bus/usb due to some conflicts with udev – not sure what this means.

Anyway the downside of all this is that I no longer can do a mount /dev/bus/usb to /proc/bus/usb as there is no mount point.

A work around for this has been suggested by edonia (comment 8) at https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/507824 which is a reasonable workaround and I have tested it.

Just wondering whether others have anymore bright ideas on this?

Thanks

30. gdesilva says:

Did not intend to use a smiley… what I meant was comment number eight!

31. gdesilva says:

More bad news…although the workaround above allows me to successfully load the firmware I am unable to capture using gorecord. I get a strange message about not being able to determine the compression. Reverted back to 2.6.31-19, loaded the firmware and gorecord captures without any issue.

It would be nice if there is solution other than having to revert back to older kernels each time one wants to record.

Thanks in advance.

32. jelle says:

I’m still using 2.6.31.11 myself, but:

You shouldn’t need /proc/bus/usb, because /dev/bus/usb should suffice. The go7007_firmware_load in the package should have the ‘fxload needs usbfs’ block commented out, and the fxload near the end should use /dev/bus/usb instead of /proc/bus/usb. If not, then look in the latest tgz from here, that

Fxload should work fine with /dev/bus/usb. On my system, /proc/bus/usb is an empty directory, but the go7007 works fine.

If you find that things don’t work, then maybe you are using an old gorecord and not the one compiled with this package? Try using the gorecord binary in the ‘apps’ directory in the package to make sure.

33. gdesilva says:

jelle, you are a genius :-)

You are right, fxload works like a charm when I manually type in the image file, bus id and the device id.

Thanks a lot.

34. gdesilva says:

I think the following logic in go7007_firmware_load script is not correct?

if [ ! -d "/dev/bus/usb" ] || [ ! "$(ls /proc/bus/usb)" ]; then
    echo “ERROR: Make sure usbfs|usbdevfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb”
    exit 1
    fi

From what I can see the script should only fail if /dev/bus/usb is not present.

35. jelle says:

That is the part that should be commented out. At least it is in the script that is in my /usr/local/bin, and also at the end it should be:

if /sbin/fxload -t fx2 -I $hex -D /dev/bus/usb/”$bus”/”$device_num”; then
    echo ‘Firmware loaded successfully!’
    else
    echo ‘ERROR: Firmware not loaded :-(
    exit 1
    fi

I just re-downloaded the 5b release and checked, and the go7007_firmware_load in there is correct, but there is also a ./udev/go7007_firmware_load.in that is not corrected yet… probably somewhere in the makefile(s), it used the one from the udev directory… You should probably manually copy it from the root dir of a freshly unpacked tgz to make sure you have the fixed version of the script…

36. gdesilva says:

Hi,

Just as you suggested I re-downloaded 5b and recompiled using the UDEV option – make install USE_UDEV=y. Prior to that I commented out the code that checks for /dev/bus/usb and /proc/bus/usb as suggested. Everything compiled OK and now I can capture using gorecord!

Just one more question….I noticed that the audio and video is not in sync in the captured files. Any suggestion on how to fix this?

Many thanks for your help.

37. jelle says:

These devices don’t do hardware compression for audio. I think it’s a known issue for gorecord. When I use mythtv, the audio is perfectly synchronized with the video.

I did a quick search of ‘gorecord sync’, and it gave a possible solution for you here: http://www.students.tut.fi/~pylvanat/linuxp.html

38. Steven says:

First of all, thanks for your efforts to keep this box alive.

I can confirm this driver works with openSUSE 11.2 and kernel 2.6.31.12-0.2-default. (fully patched till today, 2 may 2010)

These are the steps I had to do:

Install the dependencies: kernel-sources, make, fxload, gcc, ncurses-devel.
    Unpack and compile the driver (wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5b.tgz):
    - make
    - make install USE_UDEV=y
    - add the line “options wis-sony-tuner force_band=B force_mpx_mode=3″ to /etc/modprobe.d/99-local.conf (depends on your location, see the README file in the driver source files)
    - Make the modifications in /usr/sbin/go7007_firmware_load as indicated by Jelle (remark “fxload needs usbfs” section and replace /proc/bus/usb with /dev/bus/usb in the last command in the script).

I was able to record using the tuner with gorecord.
    Next step will be installing MythTV…

Thanks Jelle for all your efforts!

Steven

39. cchi says:

Hello – I have been following this page carefully for a while now, but no one seems to be trying or succeeding to get a plextor PX-TV402U working with Ubuntu 10.04. Has anyone compiled, and managed to use gorecord successfully on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)? I have a machine with about 10 people recording TV all the time running on 8.04 well. But I need some new features of 10.04, and I would like to upgrade. But I don’t want to put them all out, if this driver isn’t working in 10.04. If anyone could point me in the right place, it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

40. shah says:

hi to all. i m trying to install go7007 on ubuntu 9.10 but it gives me the following error :
    ____________________________________________________________________________

root@ubuntu:/home/muzammil/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5# sudo make install
    Removing the modules in the staging directoy…
    rm -rvf /lib/modules/`/bin/uname -r`/kernel/drivers/staging/go7007
    make modules_install INSTALL_MOD_PATH= \
    -C /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic M=/home/muzammil/wis-go7007-linux-0.9.8-5/kernel
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic’
    DEPMOD 2.6.31-14-generic
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic’
    /sbin/depmod -a

Installing include files into /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic/include/linux

install -m 0644 kernel/go7007.h /usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.31-14-generic/include/linux

Installing firmware files into /lib/firmware

[ -d /lib/firmware ] || \
    install -d /lib/firmware
    [ -d /lib/firmware/ezusb ] || \
    install -d /lib/firmware/ezusb
    rm -f /lib/firmware/PX-402U.bin
    install -m 0644 firmware/*.bin /lib/firmware
    install -m 0644 firmware/ezusb/*.hex /lib/firmware/ezusb
    install -m 0644 udev/91-wis-ezusb.rules /etc/udev/rules.d
    install: cannot stat `udev/91-wis-ezusb.rules’: No such file or directory
    make: *** [install] Error 1
    _____________________________________________________________________________

actually i am new to linux and i dont know how to solve it . plzz help thankx

41. jelle says:

Did you do a ‘make all’ first? There should be a file udev/91-wis-ezusb.rules (generated from udev/91-wis-ezusb.rules.in).

42. BadSquishy says:

Just got this working on Gentoo with a 2.6.31 kernel.
    You can read the gory details in my post on the Gentoo forums
    [url]https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6377403.html#6377403[/url]